Table of Contents
If you’re an iPhone user then you would be well aware of how personal of a belonging your phone is to you. It’s like an extension of you as a person and reflects you in many ways. In support of this idea and in line with this thought, apple has introduced many features in the iPhone for customization to add personality, character and a personal touch to your iPhone. We will touch upon 7 tips for you to add your own personal touch to your iPhone in this article.
iPhone: Tips to personalize
- You can use widgets to increase the aesthetic of your home screen. Widgets can be a fun way of knowing about the weather or time etc, They’re used to display information. Long hold on them to access further information. Long press on your homescreen and tap the + icon to add a widget from the variety of widgets offered.
- You can also use personally designed icons for your apps. You can design these using canva or purchase packs available on the appstore.
- Dynamic wallpapers allow for change of wallpaper on lock or home screen based on factors like time of day etc. You can do this by Settings > Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper > Dynamic.
- You can choose live photos for your wallpaper background to add more character and personalization. Do this by long pressing on your home screen, tap wallpaper and choose live photos
Use garageband to create your own personalized and unique ringtone that reflects your taste in music for your iPhone. Import your favorite music, trim it to your liking, and save it as a ringtone. Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone to set your custom tone.
Control center optimization
customize your Control Center by adding or removing your most required shortcuts for quick access to your most-used features. Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls to make adjustments.
You can now organize all your apps on your homescreen into folders which are color coded. You can do this by long pressing on app to press edit homescreen and then drag it over another app to create a folder.
Night shift mode is used to reduce eyestrain. This is especially useful for people who read long pdfs on their phone. It removes stress from the eye protecting you from long term effects. Enable Night Shift to reduce blue light exposure during the evening. Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Night Shift.
- Dark Mode: Activate Dark Mode for an aesthetic and battery-saving design. Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Dark.
Text size and dynamic fonts
- Customize the text size to make it more comfortable for you to read. Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Text Size.
- Enable Dynamic Type for apps that support it to adjust the text size system-wide. Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Text Size > Larger Text.